Copyright 2006-2012 © LIPSTICKPOWDERNPAINT.com. All rights reserved.
1. A new workout outfit is a definite inspiration to visit the gym. Old Navy launches its Active collection, and the compression cropped pants and jacket are sure to be able to handle the sweat as you go for it on the treadmill or the running track. Available in sizes XS to XXL.
Old Navy Active Compression Color Block jacket $49.94, cropped pants $27.94; www.oldnavy.ca.
2. Every girl needs a bit of glam, even if it’s just to tote the workout gear back and forth to the weekly classes. This silver metallic tote bag will stand out in the crowd and encourage any fashionista to want to become a fitness freak.
Puma Fitness Lux Workout Bag $80; www.shop.puma.ca.
3. Keep those muscles warm off the ice or off the field with the Nike Hybrid Hoodie. Made from a combination of cotton and spandex, this hooded sweatshirt has a kangaroo pocket and a lined hood to keep the rain away. Available in men’s sizes small to XXXL in black, cobalt and iguana.
Nike AW77 Hybrid Men’s Hoodie $90; www.nike.com/en_ca.
4. Do your body favour as well as helping the environment with the newSKY trainers – made from post consumer P.E.T aka recycled pop bottles. These shoes are inspired by the barefoot trend – and will encourage regular workouts in January.
New Balance newSKY shoes $129.95; www.footlocker.ca.
5. Start the new year by adding strength training to your yoga routine with Stratusphere’s Living Fitgloves. Designed by fitness-savvy Trish Stratus, these gloves have built-in weights to increase muscle tone.
Stratusphere Living Fitgloves $24.99; www.sportchek.ca.
6. Never miss a text, email or call while out on the trail or cycling the shoreline with an armband for iPhone from PDO. Made from breathable neoprene, the armband has reflective material and can be easily adjusted for arm size and a variety of iPhone/iTouch options.
PDO Sporteet iPhone Armband $29.99; www.sportchek.ca.