Copyright 2006-2012 © LIPSTICKPOWDERNPAINT.com. All rights reserved.
Thursday, October 8th, 2009
From now until October 31st, Sony Canada will donate proceeds from the sale of pink Sony products from www.sonystyle.ca to breast cancer research in Canada: $5 for MP3 players, portable audio, camera accessories and audio accessories, $25 for cameras, and $50 for televisions and computers. (more…)
Tuesday, October 6th, 2009
Synonymous with skin care miracles and ultimate luxury, Crème de la Mer has inspired a devoted following. Designed to raise awareness for Breast Cancer Awareness month, Crème de la Mer will come packaged in a specially-created pink box during the month of October. (more…)
Monday, October 5th, 2009
1. Move it! Compared to no physical activity, exercising four hours a week has been reported to decrease risk by over 40 percent.
2. Avoid having more than one drink of alcohol per day.
3. Be aware that taking birth control pills for five years or longer can slightly increase your risk for breast cancer.
4. Eat right—a low fat, high fiber diet with lots of fruits and veggies may decrease risk by 15 to 20 percent.
5. Weigh your risks and benefits before taking hormone replacement therapy (HRT)—recent use of combination hormone replacement therapy (HRT) has been shown to increase breast cancer risk, with higher risk associated with longer use.
6. If you do not smoke cigarettes, do not start. If you do smoke, ask your doctor for help in quitting.
7. All women should become familiar with both the appearance and feel of their breasts so that they notice any changes and have a physician-performed clinical breast exam at least every three years.
8. Women 50 years of age and older should have yearly screening mammograms in addition to yearly clinical breast exams.
9. Family history? Consult your doctor about receiving annual screening mammograms starting at an early age.
10. Keep a healthy attitude and maintain your emotional health.
Source: Rethink Breast Cancer
Friday, October 2nd, 2009
This October stop and take a minute to smell the roses in honour of the 25th anniversary of Breast Cancer Awareness month. For 25 years, people all over the world have been raising both awareness and funds to fight this deadly disease. That’s why we’re taking a moment to soak it all in with Diptyque’s limited edition Pink Roses Candle. (more…)