Copyright 2006-2012 © LIPSTICKPOWDERNPAINT.com. All rights reserved.
Tuesday, June 11th, 2013
Who is looking forward to seeing the movie, Man of Steel? The Hubster is DYING to and mentions it everytime a commerical is shown on the TV. Guys are so funny. I’ll see it…’cause Henry Cavill is a hottie!
The movie premiere was held in New York last night and Amy Adams looked stunning. Wearing a dramatic black, strapless Nina Ricci gown, her amazing 20’s–inspired hair look, designed by celebrity stylist Laini Reeves for Moroccanoil, turned heads.
“I was completely inspired by the intricacy and femininity of Amy’s spectacular gown,” explained Laini Reeves. “This hair look is very sensual and alluring, reminiscent of the classic screen sirens of the 1920’s – but with a sleeker, modern, creative take.”
Friday, June 7th, 2013
I am always in a hair dilemma: should I fight my curls and go for the glossy straight ‘do, or should I embrace what my Mamma gave me and love my curls? It’s a toughie.
Well, I’ve just found out that I should be going curly! According to a 2013 “Curly Girl” survey, commissioned by L’Oreal Paris and conducted online by Harris Interactive among over 2,000 U.S. adults ages 18 and older, 74 percent of women with wavy/curly hair say their curls get compliments. It does not stop there – here are the “straight up” results of why women (and men) say curls rule:
• Curls Have More Fun – Nearly 50 percent of men and more than 50 per cent of women perceive curly-haired girls as fun
• Morning Call – Nearly 80 percent of women would wake up with wavy/curly hair if they could choose their natural hairstyle; only 16 percent would go straight
• Stand Out – More than 3 in 10 women with wavy/curly hair (31 percent) say their curls make them feel unique
• Leave it Alone – 47 percent of women with wavy/curly hair wear their curls “au natural” every day; only 15 percent say they style it straight most of the time
• Men Take Notice – More than 3 in 10 men (37 percent) see curly-haired women as adventurous and more than 4 in 10 men (42 percent) see them as sexy
• Let Loose – 43 percent of women with wavy/curly hair feel free when rocking their wavy/curly hair, while 25 percent feel girly and 22 percent feel young
• Women Want Waves – 54 percent of women reach for the curling iron when they want to get glam
I can’t say that men are falling at my feet to tell me how much they love my curls and how sexy I am(and the Hubster is happy about that), and I am not sure that I am “having more fun” – I feel that I am cursing frizz a lot of the time – but life is easier when I’m not trying to straighten my hair every single day, only to have it curl back up.
What do you prefer the look of, curly or straight hair?
Wednesday, May 29th, 2013
OK, so I know that the weather is not really cooperating–flooding in Toronto and it’s been raining in Vancouver on and off for days–but summer is coming. Really.
With that in mind, I wanted to share with you how to to look your summertime best with a little help from Guerlain Canada’s National Makeup Artist, Marie-Claude Brault. Here are her top five summer makeup tips, and six must-have products. (more…)
Wednesday, May 8th, 2013
Stacy Keibler, or George Clooney’s GF as I like to call her, looked glam as she hit the red carpet at the 2013 Met Gala held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 6 in New York City. Celebrity makeup artist Dominique Samuel created Kiebler’s makeup look using NP Set and Pixi products.