Copyright 2006-2012 © LIPSTICKPOWDERNPAINT.com. All rights reserved.
Friday, April 4th, 2008
Discover Daisy Marc Jacobs for Sephora, a collection of six new sweet yet sophisted items that are sure to keep you smiling throughout the summer.
“This whimsical collection of bags, Brushes and train cases encompasses all that Daisy marc jacobs fragrance represents”, says Stacy baker, Sephora’s Beauty director. “An eclectic mix of vintage and modern designs make these pieces a must have for a summer abroad or a perfect weekend getaway.”
Checkout some of my favourite daisies that I picked especially for you…
LUXE VANITY CASE
A delight to the eyes, the vanity case features several compartments to store your beauty essentials. Covered in muted gold, the case opens to reveal a black satin interior that evokes retro glamour. Complete with a mirror and fold out tray, the Luxe Vanity Case is the perfect travel companion.
TREASURE BEAUTY CASE
A gorgeous hat box design, the treasure beauty case a generous compartment to dispaly or transport your favourite beauty products. A pillowy lid, complete with gold handle and daisy imprint, add a playful touch to this makeup table essential.
PRETTY POUCH TRIO
Three luxe gold pouches with daisies are joined by a daisy bracelet. Woth three sizes to chose from, each pouch opens to reveal a black satin interior covered in daisies.
CUSHY BRUSH SET
This set contains a powder brush, a blush brush, an eyeshadow brush, a slanted brow brush, and a smudge brush – housed in a daisy imprinted gold keepsake case with
I am in love with all of the pieces and their retro glamour. I will definitely be visiting my local Sephora this weekend.
Tuesday, April 1st, 2008
Gwen Stefani’s hair looks fantastic here. It is smooth, soft and has great body. Here is how to achieve this glamourous Gwen look:
1. Wash and Condition your hair.
Recommended Products: Pantene Pro-V Extra Straight Shampoo and Conditioner
2. Add a golf ball size of mousse to add body and shine.
Recommended Product: Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Smoothing Mousse
3. Start by using a wide tooth comb while gently blow-drying hair on a low setting, to remove excess water.
Recommended Product: Mason Pearson Detangling Comb
4. Separate the hair into sections and clip up the sections that are not being working on.
5. Using a round ceramic brush and beginning from the underneath, blow-dry the hair, working from the roots and gently pulling the brush through the hair to the ends. Make sure that the air flow from the blow dryer is directed “down” the hair shaft to keep the hair cuticle smooth.
Recommended Product: Goody Ceramic Ionic Hot Round Brush
6. Once the underneath is mostly dry, switch to the top of the hair.
7. Keep the tension consistent and evenly distribute heat over the section of hair you’re working on. This ensures uniform hair texture and prevents over-drying of certain areas.
8. Repeat this process on the other sections.
9. When hair is completely dry, finish use a smoothing brush to add shine and eliminate static.
Recommended Product: Sephora Brand Smoothing Hair Brush
Tuesday, February 19th, 2008
I was in Sephora recently and was amazed at the number of lipglosses on the market – I just had to take a photo at this double-sided stand.
Now I thought I had quite the collection – guess not!
Saturday, June 16th, 2007
Do you wish you could have glossy, straight locks like Jennifer Aniston? Well I am here to tell you that it can be done and all you need are the right tools! Here are products from the Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight line that I would recommend.
Start off by washing and conditioning your hair with Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight shampoo and conditioner.
Part your hair into four sections and using a round brush blow dry each section of your hair
Take your preheated flat iron and clamp at the roots and gently glide down your hair from root to tip. Repeat with the rest of your hair.
I like to finish off with Shimmery Nights. Containing a fusion of diamond dust & champagne, this light weight smoother holds down the flyaways and add shimmer.
Styling Products: Herbal Essences
Flat iron: Braun Cordless Professional