Copyright 2006-2012 © LIPSTICKPOWDERNPAINT.com. All rights reserved.
Tuesday, April 9th, 2013
I enjoy a refreshing shower. I’m not really a bath kinda gal. As I try loads of different products, I thought that I would start a new monthly piece on the site called Shower Buddies, showcasing the products I use to get myself all fresh ’n’ ready for the day.
Here are my April Shower Buddies… (more…)
Friday, June 24th, 2011
We recently asked you, our lovely readers, if you had any skin concerns: fine lines and wrinkles, sagging, dryness and rough skin texture. Hundreds of you came forward stating that yes, you did! We asked 20 readers (aged 35 +) to try Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum for five days (morning and night) and see if they saw an improvement in their skin.
Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum is a super concentrated serum with a fast-absorbing, non-greasy formula that hydrates to give you significantly firmer-looking skin after only five days. Containing the highest levels of Regenerist’s exclusive amino-peptide, this innovative product adds the hydrating properties of a facial moisturizer to a new formula with amazing benefits.
Our Editor, Lesley Ellen Mirza, also test-drove the serum in hopes of younger-looking skin. “Ok, who wants to visibly improve the appearance of their skin, in five days? Hello, I do! It’s a no-brainer. But if I’m honest, when I said that I’d try the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum, I was kinda scared. Why? I have really sensitive skin which tends to react badly to most products (oh the horror stories I could tell of testing skincare!) and didn’t want to wake up one morning with a cherry-red face.
Each day I followed the product directions, applied the silky-textured serum to my face, and in five days … instead of looking frightful (as I had feared), my skin was quite delightful: touchable soft, smooth and definitely firmer. I would definitely recommend this product.”
So, you’ve read what our Editor thought about this serum, but what about our testers? Keep reading to see their honest feedback. (more…)
Monday, May 9th, 2011
Fresh-faced beauty is always perfect for a movie night with your best buds. Here is our step-by-step guide to creating a “natural nude” look:
1. Prep your skin with the Olay Pore Minimizing Cleanser and Scrub. This 2-in-1 foaming cleanser exfoliates and deeply cleanses the skin to help minimize the appearance of pores.
2. No matter what skin type you have, it is always important to wear moisturizer. And one with an SPF is really a must! We recommend Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer with an SPF 15.
3. Gently dab COVERGIRL & Olay Simply Ageless Concealer onto any imperfections and under-eye circles. Made with Olay Regenerist Serum, this concealer stays suspended over fine lines and wrinkles, for youthful, firm-looking skin.
4. Add a little colour to your cheeks with COVERGIRL & Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Rich Cinnamon.
5. To enhance your eyes, apply the super easy to use COVERGIRL Smoky ShadowBlast in Bronze Fire on the lids.
6. To achieve knock-em-dead lashes, apply COVERGIRL LashBlast Fusion Water Resistant Mascara in Black Brown. Whether they are tears of joy or sadness, you won’t end up with racoon eyes at the end of your movie.
7. Complete your look with just a swipe of the new COVERGIRL Natureluxe Gloss Balm in Spice. We love this product because it offers the sheer colour of a gloss with a luxurious feel, and SPF 15 protection.
Have fun at the movies!
Visit the Doll & Dash website at www.dollanddash.ca where you’ll find expert advice and step-by-step tips to help you get ready for all your nights on the town with the gals.
Friday, December 24th, 2010
Dr. Jeanine Downie, a widely renowned dermatologist and frequent medical guest on such shows as The Today Show and Dr. Oz, shares her top winter skincare tips and favourite P&G and Aveeno products.