Copyright 2006-2012 © LIPSTICKPOWDERNPAINT.com. All rights reserved.
Monday, August 3rd, 2009
We are all guilty of basking in the glow of the sun for a little bit too long or while wearing too little sunscreen – or none at all. It is not too late to reverse some of the signs of sun damage that have already started to show up and the ones below the surface.
Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew anti-sun-damage daily moisture lotion and anti-sun-damage daily eye cream fight dark spots, fine lines, discolouration, uneven tone and dryness. (more…)
Tuesday, October 7th, 2008
Tuesday, April 1st, 2008
Gwen Stefani’s hair looks fantastic here. It is smooth, soft and has great body. Here is how to achieve this glamourous Gwen look:
1. Wash and Condition your hair.
Recommended Products: Pantene Pro-V Extra Straight Shampoo and Conditioner
2. Add a golf ball size of mousse to add body and shine.
Recommended Product: Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Smoothing Mousse
3. Start by using a wide tooth comb while gently blow-drying hair on a low setting, to remove excess water.
Recommended Product: Mason Pearson Detangling Comb
4. Separate the hair into sections and clip up the sections that are not being working on.
5. Using a round ceramic brush and beginning from the underneath, blow-dry the hair, working from the roots and gently pulling the brush through the hair to the ends. Make sure that the air flow from the blow dryer is directed “down” the hair shaft to keep the hair cuticle smooth.
Recommended Product: Goody Ceramic Ionic Hot Round Brush
6. Once the underneath is mostly dry, switch to the top of the hair.
7. Keep the tension consistent and evenly distribute heat over the section of hair you’re working on. This ensures uniform hair texture and prevents over-drying of certain areas.
8. Repeat this process on the other sections.
9. When hair is completely dry, finish use a smoothing brush to add shine and eliminate static.
Recommended Product: Sephora Brand Smoothing Hair Brush
Friday, March 7th, 2008
No matter if you spend $200 at the salon on highlights or use a $10 box of home colourant – fading is still a reality and a nightmare.
Here are a selection of products designed to maintain and extend colour between treatments and to provide nourishment and vitamins to enhance natural and infused hair colour.
Redken’s Interbond Conditioning System and 360 Protective Complex deliver UV filters, anti-oxidant vitamin E, conditioning silicone, ion blockers, and ceramide to help shield, stabilize and secure colour vibrancy. The shampoo gently cleanses and protects to leave hair manageable, refreshed and shiny, whilst the conditioner detangles and smoothes hair for a finish full of colour reflection.
DOVE Advanced Colour Therapy
Ted Gibson Glimmering Gold
Ted Gibson’s Shimmer Gold shampoo and conditioner deposit temporary colour and intensive moisturizers to enhance gold and honey tones in light to medium blonde natural, and colour treated hair. Ingredients such as jojoba extract, silk protein and wild orchid extract work to protect hair from harmful environmental damage while leaving a vibrant shine.
Also available in Brazen Brown for brunettes and Captivating Copper for red heads.
The Color Resist formula contains Vitamins B3 and B6, Fructose, Glucose, and a UV filter to assist in protecting the the hair fiber, keeping it stronger, shinier and more resistant to the effects of repeated washing.
An easy-to-use product that enhances colour and shine in just three minutes. Just wash and condition your hair and then apply to extend the life and luminosity of your coloured hair.
Also available in Sheer Blonde, Brilliant Brunette, and Radiant Red.
Schwarzkopf Professional Seah Hairspa Shine Spritz
A leave-in treatment containing Cell-Cohesion-Complex to detoxify and regenerate, Cactus blossom extract to provide lustrous, brilliant colour and their Photonica formula with Shadeglow that prevents hair colour from fading.
L’Oréal Professionnel Colour Show Volume Mousse
This mousse protects colour with apricot oils and UV filters, whilst giving locks serious body, shine and hold.