Copyright 2006-2012 © LIPSTICKPOWDERNPAINT.com. All rights reserved.
Thursday, May 2, 2013
Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders styles interlacing fishtail braids with contrasting shine and mussed texture for the Kimberly Ovitz Spring Summer 2013 Fashion Show.
“The hairstyle combines strong and soft elements, juxtaposing a clean, slicked back front with a romantic, messy tail in the back that was created by massaging intertwined fishtail braids,” says Beenders.
1. Spray Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep throughout hair and blow dry straight.
2. Create a section at the top of the head by parting hair along the parietal ridge on both sides and securing at the top of the head with a clip.
3. Spray hair that is down on each side of the head liberally with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray to coat, focusing from root to mid-length.
4. Brush coated hair back and against the head for sleek sides.
5. Pulling those sides back, divide the hair at the back of the head into two sections and braid into two loose fishtails. Back-comb the end of each braid to secure.
6. Release the clip at the top of the head and coat with Aveda Control Force, brushing hair toward the back of the head.
7. Gently massage fishtails to loosen and create texture.
8. Loosely braid the two fishtails and slicked back ends from the top of the head together and secure with a clear elastic, bringing the end of the braid to a point.
9. Pin the top of the braid to the neck to secure.
10. Spray Aveda Brilliant Spray-On Shine over the slicked-back top section and smooth back with a kabuki brush to create a glossy finish.