Oil Can Do More Than Condition Your Hair: Garnier OLIA Hair Colour

Oil Can Do More Than Condition Your Hair: Garnier OLIA Hair Colour

Every four to five weeks, I peer into the mirror and sigh. Grey hairs. And I’m not talking one or two but an explosion of grey waving at me in a heinous fashion. Sigh.

I’m 42 (and ¾) and I’ve been colouring my hair for almost (cough) 30 years. Wow. At the beginning, it was to drive my mother crazy: pink, white, black…but now it’s to cover up the grey and brighten my dull locks too.

Any woman who professionally colours her hair in a salon knows that it is very expensive. Last time I went, it cost $200! But what is a gal to do? She has to cough up the cash to look purdy.

While watching TV, a commercial for a new at-home hair colour came on—it was sexy and who calls a commercial for at-home hair colour sexy? The product was OLIA by Garnier, and costs less than $15. It piqued my interest. And then coincidently, I was contacted by Garnier to try it out. How could I say no?

OLIA is the first ammonia-free permanent at-home hair colour powered by oil. Enriched with four flower oils, the formula penetrates the hair fiber while maintaining its natural levels of lipids and amino acids. The result? Brilliant, dimensional colour and softer, shinier hair.

The first thing I noticed when applying this product was the scent. Instead of the usual ammonia stink, I was inhaling an appealing fruity and floral fragrance with notes that include lime, pear, jasmine and amber. Fancy, right?

Next, I enjoyed holding the tear-drop shaped bottle. It was comfortable and the slim nozzle was great for easy application and controlling exactly where I wanted the product to go. And the formula was thick and creamy—so no fear of it dripping all over me, or my bathroom. Nice.

After a comfortable 30 minutes (no burning scalp with this product), I washed the product off to reveal rich colour, and softer, smoother hair—and no grey! It was almost like I had been wearing a conditioning mask.

I’m now a sassy redhead and loving my hair. I will definitely be using OLIA again.

GarnierOlia_BloggersBeforeAfter_1 - Copy

Check out my before and after photos and let me know what you think of the colour I went with and how my hair looks.

Olia Logo

Disclosure: This post was brought to you by Garnier via Glam Media Canada. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Garnier.

11 Responses to "Oil Can Do More Than Condition Your Hair: Garnier OLIA Hair Colour"

1. Lolla  Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 2:28 am

sorry, but I can’t see any difference in the color between before and after!

2. makeupbymerry  Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 5:12 am

Wow! you are looking so pretty in OLIA color.

3. Danielle Grant  Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I dye my mother’s hair every three weeks or so for the same reason. We’ve been using demi’s but since this brand is ammonia free, I think i’ll convince her to try it for next time.  Your hair looks great by the way! Thanks for the scoop ! ~ Danielle

4. Faisal Mirza  Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 11:55 am

Hello my dear, but this is your hubster and you are in fact one year younger than you say in your article.  You look the better than before we were married.

5. bwan7  Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 3:47 pm

I have tried this product and love it. I can’t afford to be visiting a salon every few weeks to cover up my greys :(

6. Kelly Williams  Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 2:54 am

It actually has some difference. After she used the product her hair is more bouncy and livelier compared to the first one. Just look at her curls after she used the product! :)

7. Lipstick Powder N Paint  Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Why do I keep thinking that I am turning 43?! I MUST be getting old!!

8. Lipstick Powder N Paint  Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Why thank you! :)

9. Danielle Nicole Nickerson  Monday, April 29, 2013 at 11:21 am

Hi,
    wondering which shade of the dye you used? i read through your post, but can’t seem to find it. You’re hair turned out beautifully!!

10. Lipstick Powder N Paint  Monday, April 29, 2013 at 11:46 am

I used the colour Light Natural Auburn 6.43. I love the colour!

11. Sicorra  Friday, June 7, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I tried this product yesterday. I’ve been coloring my own hair for the last 3 years with other products and it always turned out great. This product turned my hair pink. I am so not happy with it.