Copyright 2006-2012 © LIPSTICKPOWDERNPAINT.com. All rights reserved.
Monday, February 18, 2013
Ladies, how many of you visit your nail salon every couple of weeks for a gel polish mani? Yup, that’s what I thought, tons of you.
What if I told you that you could get that same chip free, mirror shine, fabulousness of gel polish at home, for less than $10 a mani? Amazing, right? People, I’ve found the answer!
I la-la-la-love Sally Hansen and have been using their products for YEARS. Well, I can’t tell you how excited I was when this gel polish kit arrived for me to try.
Everything you need is all in the one box:
• Base Coat
• Top Coat
• LED Light
• Application Accessories: cuticle stick, buffer and alcohol cleaning pads
· 10 Nail Cleanser Pads
· Acetone Remover
· Cuticle Stick
· File & Buffer
· And an instruction sheet
I decided to do a mani date with a Vancouver gal pal, Karen S. She has much nicer digits than moi, so she is the hand model in our pics – thanks Karen!
1. First you’ve got to prep your nails: files nails, push back cuticles, wipe nails with nail cleanser pad
2. Apply a thin layer of base coat – cure for 30 seconds
3. Apply a thin layer of the gel nail colour – cure for 30 seconds (then repeat with 2nd coat)
4) Apply a thin layer of top coat – cure for 30 seconds & wipe each nail with a fresh nail cleanser pad. Done!
· Gently buff the nail with the grey side of the nail file (inlcuded). This ensures that the polish properly adheres.
· Put a towel down to protect your table from possibly getting polish on it – we’re kinda mucky pups, so this tip is really for us!
· Wondering how you remove your gel polish? Check out the video below created by Sally Hansen.
I am really liking my gel polish mani and can’t wait to try the other 15 shades available.
The Sally Hansen Salon GelPolish Starter Kit is available at your major drug stores for $79.95 and additional Sally Hansen Salon Gel Nail colours are $14.95 each.
What do you think of Karen’s manicure? Will you try giving yourself a gel mani at home?