Copyright 2006-2012 © LIPSTICKPOWDERNPAINT.com. All rights reserved.
Monday, October 22, 2012
It’s getting dark so early these days and there is a definite nip in the air…it must be fall, and almost Halloween!
You may not wish to go all out on a costume for October 31st, but why not spook-up your nails?
Illamasqua US Nail Art Ambassador, Fleury Rose, created two easy DIY nail art designs to get your talons ready for the witching hour. Here is how you can create these looks at home:
THE EVIL EYE
Illamasqua products used: Nail Varnish in Scorn, Scorch and Serenity (top coat optional)
Tools needed: Dotting tool, tooth pick
1. After applying base coat, paint nails with two coats of Scorn black matte polish. Allow nails to dry for 3-5 minutes
2. Pour out a small amount of scorch onto tin foil. Dip the large end of a dotting tool into white polish and dot onto nail. Repeat step 3 times on each nail.
(Pro tip: if polish gets stringy, pour a fresh puddle of Scorn onto foil and continue process.) Allow white dots to dry 3-5 minutes.
3. Pour a small puddle of Serenity onto foil. With the small end of a dotting tool dip into rubber blue polish and dot in the very center of each white circle. Repeat on each nail. Allow to dry 3-5 minutes
4. Dip the point of a tooth pick into Scorn and gently dot a tiny black point into the center of each eye.
5. After drying add optional top coat for a shiny finish, or stay matte.
THE VAMPIRE’S KISS
Illamasqua products used: Nail Varnish in Aorta and Boosh, Precision ink in Scribe
Tools needed: small brush
1. After applying Base coat, paint nails with two coats of Aorta and let dry 3-5 minutes
2. Dip small brush in Boosh, and paint a tiny triangle at the top of the nail. This will create the bow of the lips.
3. Next, paint an oval shape in the center of the red nail to create the opening of the mouth.
4. Allow to dry for 5 minutes (Pro tip: Allowing polish to dry before drawing on nail is very important, or you may smudge the whole thing and ruin your design!)
5. Draw on fangs and lip highlight with Precision ink in Scribe. Precision ink can be layered over its-self to create desired opacity of white.
6. Allow precision ink to dry 3-5 minutes and apply Top Coat.
What do you think of these two Halloween-inspired nails? Will you be copying either of these this week?