Copyright 2006-2012 © LIPSTICKPOWDERNPAINT.com. All rights reserved.
Monday, May 28, 2012
How’s your oral health? Sorry, is that a little personal?
We only ask because recently we read that only 30 per cent of Canadians* follow the dentist-recommended at-home oral care routine (flossing, brushing and rinsing). And a mere 23 per cent* brush for the recommended 2 minutes. Eeewww.
Ok people, we’re here to help you. We’ve asked Dr. Janet Tamo, the consulting dentist to Crest and Oral-B, to share with you her top five oral care tips (you’re welcome!) Here they are…
1. Use an Oral-B electric toothbrush at least twice a day for a full 2 minutes.
2. Floss everyday! No excuses. Floss removes the bacterial plaque that causes inflammation and bad breath. You are missing 1/3 of the tooth surface if you skip this step!
3. Rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash after brushing. Scope Dual-Blast mouthwash is particularly effective at freshening your breath after eating smelly foods such as garlic and onions.
4. Love your teeth. NEVER USE YOUR TEETH AS TOOLS! i.e. don’t use them to open packages or bottles.
5. Be healthy. Eat well and avoid sugary foods and drinks between meals.
Pretty simple really. And don’t fret if you don’t own an Oral-B electric toothbrush, we’re hosting a contest and giving away LOTS of them.
Got any questions for Dr.Tamo? She’s doing a live Q&A on Friday, June 8th, via the Oral-B Canada Facebook page. Don’t miss it!
So come on, tell us the truth, how is your oral health?
*statistics from the third annual Crest and Oral-B Great Canadian Smile Survey.