By Doris Montanera
Who cares if the weather outside is frightful? These boots will make it delightful.
1. Ooh la la, these boots are made for looking chic. Comes with Geox’s breathable and waterproof sole. $300. Available at Geox stores or www.geoxca.info.
2. With its high, wedge-heel and suede sleeve, this is not your traditional Cougar boot. But like Cougars of old, it’ll keep you warm to -30C. $250. For a list of retailers, visit www.cougarboots.com.
3. With its classic moc details, faux-fur cuff, cushiony lining and comfort insole, you’ll look good and feel good in these American Eagle for Payless boots. $69.99. Available at Payless Shoes and www.payless.com.
4. Sorel’s bold canvas and leather red boots will brighten your day. Waterproof and warm to -30C, you can slug through the snow in style. $200. Available in sizes 5 to 11 at Town Shoes or www.sorelfootwear.ca.
5. Available in waterproof suede or leather, with a breathable, antibacterial microfiber lining, this knee-high boot from La Canadienne stretches to accommodate even a curvy calf. $365. Available at Davids, Ron White and www.lacanadienneshoes.com.
6. There’s nothing serious about these snuggly UGG boots except the sheepskin footbed that provides extra comfort and warmth. With the light outsole and durable suede heel guard, they can be worn all season in temperatures as low as -30C and as high as 26C. Wear them up, slouched or cuffed down. Women’s, $175; kids, $160. Available at The Bay, Queen Street and www.uggaustralia.ca.
7. Hyka will put a spring in your step. The midsole is ergonomically designed to reduce pressure points on your foot and disperse shock. It’s toasty warm but not waterproof. $240. Available at The Bay, SoftMoc, Walking on a Cloud and www.fitflop.com.