Copyright 2006-2012 © LIPSTICKPOWDERNPAINT.com. All rights reserved.
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Each year in November, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches (Mo) on thousands of men’s faces. We have to admit that we’re really not fans of “Mos” – too scratchy, but it’s for a great cause. Launched in Australia in 2004, Movember is the world’s largest charity event raising funds for cancer affecting men – specifically prostate cancer.
This year, the peeps at Biotherm Homme have boarded the Mo-bus and are giving $1 for every MOUSTAG uploaded to Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/BiothermCanada?sk=app_229196860467723).
“With the Moustag campaign, our objective is to raise awareness for prostate cancer, which afflicts 1 in 7 Canadian men, and to raise money for the cause,” says Bradley Smith, Marketing Director of Biotherm in North America. “We truly believe in this cause and this is why we are asking our consumers and fans to join their efforts with ours.”
So visit the Biotherm Canada Facebook page and give yourself, or a friend a MOUSTAG. We did and can truly say that this is the ONLY time we will be proudly displaying facial hair.
About PROSTATE CANCER
• Prostate cancer is the most common cancer to afflict Canadian men.
• During their lifetime, 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with the disease.
• Prostate cancer is mostly afflicting men in their 40s.
• 25,500 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year alone
• 4,100 men will die of the disease this year.
• Rates of prostate cancer in men are comparable to rates of breast cancer in women yet less people are aware of it.
• Over 90% of prostate cancer cases are curable if detected and treated in their earliest stages.