Copyright 2006-2012 © LIPSTICKPOWDERNPAINT.com. All rights reserved.
Monday, September 19, 2011
Beauty expert and Rimmel London’s make-up artist Vanessa Jarman has been taking in all the TIFF action. We asked her to share with us her how-to instructions and suggested Rimmel products to use so that we can achieve Keira Knightley’s stunning look for our next night out on the town!
“Her face was an immaculate display of a smokey vixen! Eyes, eyes… and more eyes,” says Jarman of Keira Knightley’s TIFF red carpet look.
Here is how you can recreate Keira’s sultry smokey eye look:
1. Before applying foundation to the face, take a small amount and apply on top, and under your eyelids.
2. With a medium to firm brush, generously apply Glam’Eyes Mono Eye Shadow in Spicy Bronze from your lash line to your crease. Follow the shape of your eye and stay directly on your lid.
3. Next use a soft blending brush and layer Glam’Eyes Mono Eye Shadow in Precious Rose directly into your crease. Moving your brush back and forth, work the eye shadow up to your brow. The trick to a successful eye application is layering and blending.
4. With a smaller dense brush, sweep Spicy Bronze across the lower eye lid, focusing colour on the centre. Keira has this done in a thicker way, to increase the smokey effect. Deep colour, but soft edges are the trick.
5. Using Glam’Eyes Mono Eye Shadow in Jet Black and the same brush apply shadow on lower eye lid starting at the outer corner of your eye and work inward toward your tear duct. Then use a small amount on the top of your lid, tight to your lash line. Blend toward the outer corner of your lashes.
6. Using a small clean brush, place Precious Rose on the inner corner of your eye near the tear duct for an elegant pop.
7. To complete the look, line the inside waterline with Special Eyes Precision Eye Liner Pencil in Rich Brown, and apply a heavy layering of Extra Wow Lash Mascara to top and bottom lashes.
8. To stay true to Keira Knightley’s look, a soft pink lip, and a light pink blush will hit the nail on the head!
Image: Photo by Toby Canham/Getty Images North America