MAC Cosmetics, Monet and Moi: MAC Bloggers’ Obsessions Collection

MAC Cosmetics, Monet and Moi: MAC Bloggers’ Obsessions Collection

What do MAC Cosmetics, Monet and little ol’ me have in common? An eyeshadow, that’s what!

I’ve been keeping a doozy of a secret for a couple of months now: I am one of nine beauty bloggers that were chosen to be part of the MAC Bloggers’ Obsessions Collection, a nine-piece collection of MAC Eyeshadows and Lipglasses launching June 21, exclusively online. (Ok, if I’m honest, I’m currently doing a happy dance in my office.)

At the beginning of this year, MAC contacted beauty bloggers from across North America about a “Top Secret Project.” They wanted to give us the opportunity to create our own custom shade for eyes and/or lips!

We were asked to submit a creative concept, shade, shade description, suggested formula (e.g. satin, velvet, matte, etc), and of course, a name. Parisian Skies was inspired by my love for the impressionist painter, Claude Monet and his work “La Promenade, la femme à l’ombrelle.” I just adore the muted tones and shades chosen to colour the sky in this painting, don’t you? And I thought that a grey-blue would be perfect as an eyeshadow. Pretty spectacular, right?

Below is the visual concept I sent in.

In May I was stunned when I received an email from a MAC representative saying “can’t find your phone number, please call me!”  Yes I, Lesley Ellen Mirza, had been chosen, along with eight other bloggers to go actually create our products. It’s still pretty surreal.

I promise to post more about the creating of Parisian Skies next week, so stay tuned!

Here is the collection:

The Eyeshadows

Hocus Pocus: Dark sooty grey with silver pearl (The Makeup Girl)
Jealousy Wakes: Seething emerald green with teal and gold pearl (Temptalia)
Parisian Skies: Muted grey-blue (Lipstick Powder N Paint)
Sparkle, Neely, Sparkle!: Deep rusty brown with champagne-colored sparkle (Beauty Blogging Junkie)

The Lipglasses

All of My Purple Life: Deep purple/grape with subtle sparkle (Afrobella)
Caqui: Persimmon orange (Beauty Maverick)
Evolution Revolution: Warm peachy pink with subtle purple, green, blue micro glitter (Makeup and Beauty Blog)
Nitro:licious 2046: Intense shiny red (Nitrolicious)
Sonoran Rain: Deep coral-red with gold and silver pearl (The Shades of U)

Each item is $17.50/US$14.50.

Will any of these products find their way into your makeup bag?

24 Responses to "MAC Cosmetics, Monet and Moi: MAC Bloggers’ Obsessions Collection"

1. Karen Swaffield  Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Awesome Lesley! I love the color. Congratulations!!!

2. Janine . BEAUTYGEEKS  Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Lovely shade, lovely! Well done!

3. LolaAM  Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Congrats! Yours is one of my faves and a definite must have! Can’t wait to see swatches of your creation!

4. Mylène  Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Love the name, love the shade. How much fun that must have been? I’m impatient to know more. 1 of 9 in all of North America!!! Congrats Ellen!!!

5. AmyS  Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 12:05 am

I’ve been on the lookout for a color like Parisian Skies for an eternity! This might just be my first MAC purchase!!!

6. Lesley Ellen Mirza  Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 7:47 am

Really? Your comment has definitely made my day!

7. xasperadastra  Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 8:27 am

it seems really beautiful! I’d like to see more swatches of it^^ Unfortunally I’m italian but I’m going to take something from USA anyway!!

8. Pingback: MAC Bloggers’ Obsessions Collection | TheHaiRazor.com – Beauty Tips, News, Hair, Fashion, Lifestyle and More

9. Pleinair  Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Hi, I really this and jealousy wakes from the collection, actually love this more because it’s not shimmery:D i am in europe too but gotta have one of these:D

good inspiration and love love love this color!

and wanna ask one question, will they be online on just maccosmetics.com or would it be online on sites like nordstrom? need this information if you know anything? thanxx!!

10. Jessica  Saturday, June 11, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I am SO excited about this shade! I lived in Paris and the color not only emulates the colors selected in the painting, but also the actual color of the skies (seemingly) 90% of the time :)

C’est très bien fait cette ombre à paupière!
    ♥ Jessica

11. Arianne  Friday, June 17, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Great shade! I think it’s perfect. :) Everyone I’m talking to on Twitter seems to want it, too.

12. Pingback: MAC Bloggers’ Obsessions Collection «

13. Sandy  Sunday, June 19, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Will you have a chance to swatch Parisian Skies before the launch on Tuesday?
    It’s my favourite shade! Thanks.

14. The Editor  Tuesday, June 21, 2011 at 10:44 am

Swatched it! Check out the latest post on the site.

15. The Editor  Tuesday, June 21, 2011 at 10:45 am

Thank you Arianne for your comment. Just to let you know, we’ll be doing a giveaway soon.

16. Sandy  Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 12:20 am

Just received my Parisian Skies today and it’s more beautiful than I imagined, love it!

17. Betty  Friday, July 1, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Great colour

18. Pingback: Making History: Mac Bloggers Obsession Collection « Beauty Black Book: Makeup and Beauty Product Reviews, Tips and News

19. Pingback: MAC Bloggers' Obsession: Parisian Skies by Lipstick Powder n Paint's Lesley Ellen Mirza

20. Pingback: We Heart This - MAC Bloggers’ Obsessions – review, photos & swatches

21. ChickAdvisor  Friday, July 8, 2011 at 11:27 am

I absolutely love the shadow colour you created. It looked so gorgeous on you when I saw you the other day! Is it still possible to get these in store?
    XO Ali

22. Lesley Ellen Mirza  Friday, July 8, 2011 at 11:54 am

Thx Ali! Ok, so here’s the scoop…Parisian Skies is completely SOLD OUT, but, MAC are going to being doing another production run shortly. This shadow and the rest of the Bloggers’ Obsessions Collection is available only online.

23. ChickAdvisor  Friday, July 8, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Great! Please let me know when it’s available! XO

24. Bonnie Humphrey  Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Parisian Skies is so suitable for all wardrobes….day and night…love it