Copyright 2006-2012 © LIPSTICKPOWDERNPAINT.com. All rights reserved.
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Lesley Ellen Mirza
Do guys text you for a date rather than calling? Can you count on one hand the number of times you received flowers? Ladies, is true romance dead?
• TRUE LOVE: 9 in 10 adults believe in true love; this is equally believed among men and women, regardless of age and marital status.
• FIRST ENCOUNTER: About 1 in every 9 married adults met their spouse online (12%); most people meet significant others through friends, family or at work.
• FIRST CONTACT: Nearly 3 out of 4 single adults say 1-3 days is a reasonable amount of time to contact someone after obtaining their information; men were slightly more likely to say either the same day or the first week.
• FRAGRANCE: 1 in 3 adults remember what fragrance their significant other was wearing on their first date (34%); among those single adults with a lucky date item, 73% of say that item is a fragrance.
• COMMUNICATION: Phone calls are the preferred way to be contacted after a first date by both men and women, although men are far more likely to rely on technology. After the first date, 49% of men said text messaging is the preferred means of making contact and 29% said email.
• COMPLIMENTS: 88% of men said the #1 compliment they would most like to receive is “you’re so funny,” however the compliment most desired by women is “you have a great smile.” (93%)
• EXPRESSION: Men say “I love you” sooner than women, and are twice as likely as women to say “I love you” in the first week (19% vs. 10%). The number one thing men want to receive for Valentine’s Day is to hear “I love you.”
It seems that romance is flourishing. Do you agree?