1. Want to have a fancy dinner but don’t have the time? Give the gift of a personal chef – guests can watch a chef prepare canapés and dinner, have appetizers ready for the cocktail party or the ultimate luxury: a fine dining experience for two without having to leave home.
Chef@Home gift box $100 (starting at); www.sambadays.com.
2. Elegant holiday entertaining is possible without the good china – choose SNÖBOLL series silver or gold paisley design of disposable paper napkins, cups, mugs, plates and bowls – and for the seasonal-obsessed chef, a frying pan and saucepan.
IKEA Snoboll series $1.99-$9.99; www.ikea.com/ca.
3. Bring a smile to guests’ faces with traditional English Christmas crackers for the tabletop. Each cracker features Rudolph or Santa on the outside and a few goodies on the inside.
Jolly Santa and Reindeer Holiday Crackers $15.95; www.pier1.ca.
4. Treat healthy greens to a natural abode with this rustic salad bowl made from olive wood. Sourced from Germany, each bowl is handcrafted and part of a limited edition collection.
Wildly Delicious Rustic Olive Wood Salad Bowl $139; www.cookworks.ca.
5. From dips to nibbles, canapés to appetizers, this set of six white ceramic serving dishes and platters will show off tasty creations. A must-have for the hostess with friends coming to watch a movie or for an elegant dinner for the boss.
KSP Juno Ceramic Entertainment Pack $39.99; www.kitchenstuffplus.com.
6. Toast the past year’s good fortune and memories with this set of gemstone-coloured crystal stemware. Designed by Birks and made in Hungary, this set of six flutes will start off the evening right with some bubbly accompaniment.
Birks Gemstone Collection Crystal Flutes $295; www.birks.com.