Copyright 2006-2012 © LIPSTICKPOWDERNPAINT.com. All rights reserved.
Friday, August 6, 2010
Being married has its perks. It’s been quite a while since we were last on the dating scene, and we are oh so very happy about not having to endure the torture any longer! Okay, it’s not really that bad, but dating is like going on a job interview. You are being evaluated on your looks, personality and potential. And, you might be an amazing catch, but if you have bad breath, you’re toast!
We like to use a toothpaste/mouthwash combo to keep our mouths on top form. Our choice? Crest Extra White Plus Scope Outlast toothpaste ($2.99 – $3.89, 130 mL) and Scope Outlast mouthwash ($4.99, 750 mL and $6.99, 1250 mL). We may not be on the prowl, but we do attend many fun social events each week and need to be conscious of our oral hygiene.
Another fan of fresh breath and the Scope family of products is Canadian comedian, Shaun Majumder (such a hilarious guy!). At a recent press event he had the media crowd in fits of laughter with his stand-up act, that was primarily focused on long-lasting fresh breath.
Here are five tips that Shaun Majumder offers to keep you confident in any social situation (yes, this includes dating):
1. Be interested, not interesting. Ask lots of questions and listen. Think of yourself as a talk show host and you want to know more about your guest.
2. Help people understand you. Wear neutral clothes so you don’t distract the other person, putting the attention on you and who you are as a person.
3. Keep it casual. Don’t get into heavy or controversial topics of discussion. Humour and curiosity are key.
4. Find common ground. When you find something in common, stick with it and find out more.
5. Get fresh. With your breath. I like Scope Outlast mouthwash and Crest Extra White Plus Scope Outlast toothpaste for a fresh breath sensation that lasts up to five times longer than brushing alone.