Revlon Lash Jewels

Two weeks ago I wrote an article on Lash Jewels and asked you if you had tried it and what you thought. Well my goodness did you tell me!

Most of your feedback was that you felt that product was hard to apply and messy. I had to find out for myself so off I went to my local drugstore to purchase a wand of Lash Jewels.

I applied my mascara first and let that dry and then twisted the wand end a couple of times as suggested. Quite a bit of the liquid came out and I tried to apply prettily to my lash but the blob began hanging under my lashes rather than on top. I tried several times but never got that beautiful result as shown in photo.

I personally found that the clear jewels did not show up very well on my lashes and almost made me look like I had tears or rain droplets on my eyelashes. I still wonder if the blue or purple might look quite funky.

I think if someone else, like a makeup artist, was applying the Lash Jewels that I might have got a better result. Hard to tell.

I love Revlon products but I am sad to say that this item is not a winner in my opinion.

7 Responses to "Revlon Lash Jewels"

1. Anonymous  Monday, July 30, 2007 at 4:06 pm

Dior made one of these 2 yrs ago and it was limited addition. I admit, it’s a bit tricky to work with to get the right sized “blob”, and when you apply it, you have to pull it away very quickly, the same as you do when working with a hot glue gun. I never thought about them doing it in different colors though, so now I want to find this Revlon one you speak of….

2. Charlotte  Monday, July 30, 2007 at 5:54 pm

Thanks for this review – it’s interesting to know what it’s really like as opposed to what the promo pictures look like!

3. Laura Linger  Tuesday, July 31, 2007 at 12:01 pm

Revlon needs to stop focusing on such gimmicky nonsense and bring back the wonderful stuff that they have discontinued, such as Skinlights and Wet/Dry Eyeliner.

4. bebeann  Wednesday, August 1, 2007 at 8:47 am

Where did you buy this product in Toronto? I was searching but could not find it.

5. Ellen  Wednesday, August 1, 2007 at 9:07 am

I purchased it from a Shoppers Drug Mart on Royal York.

6. All Adither  Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 10:50 pm

Like globs of Superglue on my lashes. Thumbs down.

7. Shotzie831  Sunday, December 30, 2007 at 11:07 am

I have two of those and they suck. They just leave sticky globs at the base of my lashes. As for the colored ones, they all come out clear. I think the ads are 100% computerized and I don’t think even professionals could get it to look anywhere as good as the ads do.